Student Dress Code Policy
The School Council of Kellerberrin District High School has established a dress code for all students attending the school.
The School Council believes that a school dress code:
- Fosters and enhances the public image of the school;
- Assists in building school and team spirit;
- Advertises and promotes school pride;
- Ensures students are safely dressed for specific school activities;
- Encourages equity among the students;
- Prepares students for the workplace where many workplaces have dress and safety codes;
- Provides an inexpensive and quality product which ensures long term savings
General Information on the Dress Code
- The school has a “No Hat, No Play” policy.
- Excessive make-up or jewellery is not appropriate.
- Due to health and safety concerns, the only acceptable form of body piercing is ear piercing.
- Long or shoulder length hair should be tied back.
- Slogans, logos, offensive wording, singlet style tops and bike pants are not appropriate.
- Clothing must be conservative and not expose midriff.
- Parents experiencing financial difficulties regarding the purchase of school uniform items are asked to discuss the situation with the Principal.
- Students who, for religious, health or other reasons, may wish to modify the dress code are required to discuss their request with the Principal. Staff will be informed of any student granted a modification to the dress code.
- Students who do not follow the dress code will be spoken to about their dress. Where the school dress code is not adhered to on an ongoing basis, the Principal will contact the parents/carers regarding the situation.
- An incentive scheme will be used to encourage students to follow the dress code.
- Students will be expected to follow the dress code requirements when representing the school at official school activities (sporting, cultural and social).
Dress Code Requirements
- Plain school colours of blue and yellow, as indicated below, are requested.
- Top Primary School – yellow polo shirt, with optional school logo
- Middle School – navy polo shirt, with optional school logo
- Primary School – royal blue jumper with optional school logo
- Middle School – navy blue jumper with optional school logo
- Shorts/Skorts Royal blue, pull on or sports style
- Pants Royal blue/navy, track pants or pants (not jeans)
- Dress Blue check gingham (material available from Uniforms Committee)
- Hat Primary School – royal blue brimmed with optional school logo
- Middle School – navy blue brimmed with optional school logo
- Footwear Sandals, shoes and socks or stockings. All sandals or open footwear must have a heel strap for safety.
- School Carnivals and Physical Education – Faction coloured polo shirt and royal blue shorts may be worn.
- Interschool Teams – royal blue interschool polo shirt with school logo and royal blue shorts.
- Interschool shirts and Faction shirts – may be worn on Fridays.
The purchase and selection of uniform styles and fabrics is the responsibility of the P & C Uniform Committee. This Committee will provide opportunity for parents to order uniform items in at the beginning of each Term as only minimal quantities of stock are maintained.
See links below to download copies of Uniform Order Forms (also available from the school office). Order forms completed (with money included) may be filled outside of the Term commencement orders if the P&C Uniform Representative is available. These orders can be left at the school office and will be delivered to your child on completion. Parents are asked to clearly mark every item of clothing with the owners name prior to distributing to children.