When we became an Independent Public School in 2015 our School Council morphed in to what is now the School Board.
The functions of the School Board are outlined in the Education Act 1999. In essence, the role of School Board is one of setting the long-term future for the school and maintaining oversight (not management) of the implementation of the school Business Plan. It is not about running the school – that is the job of the Principal, but rather, about providing additional expertise to help the school achieve the best outcomes for students.
To take part in:
- endorsing and reviewing the Schools objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- the ratification of financial arrangements necessary to fund the Schools objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- evaluating the School’s performance in achieving its objectives, priorities and general policy directions; and
- endorsing codes of conduct for students at the School.
- create interest in and promote the School in the community
- promote the involvement of parents and the community and the school.
2018 School Council Members
|Principal – Tish Clarke (Acting)|
|Deputy Principal – TBC|
|Teacher – Emily Talbot|
|Teacher – Emma Crofts|
|Teacher – Mitchell Berliner|
|Paul Brown (Chairperson)|