[cs_content][cs_section parallax=”false” style=”margin: 0px;padding: 0px;”][cs_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” style=”margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;”][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px;”][cs_text]The Council is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling Parents and members of the Community to engage in activities that are in the best interests of Students and that will enhance the education provided by the School.
The Principal remains accountable under the Public Finance and Audit Act for the management of school finances including, where appropriate, the negotiation of all contracts on behalf of the Council and is accountable to the Regional Director of Schools for the total management of the school and for the implementation of the broad policies and priorities determined by the Council.
The School Council shall have such powers as are necessary to implement the purpose of the Council and in particular the following powers and duties:
To take part in:
- endorsing and reviewing the Schools objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- the ratification of financial arrangements necessary to fund the Schools objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- evaluating the School’s performance in achieving its objectives, priorities and general policy directions; and
- endorsing codes of conduct for students at the School.
- the School in the community; and
- the involvement of Parents and the community in the Council and the School.
2014 School Council Members
Greg Hunt – Principal
John Hammond – P&C Representative
Herma Inverarity – Community Member
Michelle McDonnell – Community Member
Melinda White – Community Member
Emma Crofts – Staff Representative
Julie Doncon – Staff Representative
Sandra Doncon- Staff Representative[/cs_text][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][/cs_content]